Who wants brownie batter for breakfast? Um, all of us!!
Anthony is always rushing out the door in the morning, and I’m a bit slower out of the gates because I work from home. So by the time I’m ready to make my morning smoothie, he’s typically long gone.
Because of this we have been playing around with recipes or quick morning breakfast ideas for him for years. We finally found one that is high in protein that we both LOVE!
This Brownie Batter Overnight Oatmeal is a serious home run. I promise it doesn’t taste like weird hot oatmeal with protein powder in it (Gross – but we’ve all been there!).
The secret is what you add in addition to the protein powder. Also I think the fact that it gets to chill and cream up in the fridge all night really adds to it, too!
This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to assemble before bed and then you have a delicious breakfast that is set to go when you wake up in the morning.
It’s been a saviour in our home. If you have trouble figuring out healthy options for breakfast in the morning – I think you’re going to love it just as much!
Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (I used these for g-free)
- 3/4 cup Dairy Free Milk (almond, coconut, etc)
- 1 scoop of Protein Powder, we use this
- 2 tbsp of Raw Cocoa Powder
(Note: the quality you use in this really matters, I swear by this brand and it makes every recipe amazing. Seems pricey upfront but lasts forever!)
- 1 packet Stevia or Stevia Drops, to taste
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Toppings (All Optional):
- Drizzle of Peanut or Almond Butter
- Coconut Flakes
- Anything you like!
- Add all ingredients to a glass container or bowl and mix well with a spoon. Make sure everything is mixed in and there are no dry clumps.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight (Minimum 6 hours, longer is better).
- Top with toppings of choice in the morning (optional) – and enjoy!
Feels like you are eating dessert – but it’s healthy! You will not regret indulging in this delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free breakfast to go.
If you try it, I’d love to hear how you like it in the comments below. Enjoy!