It’s that time of year for indulgence and holiday cheer!
I’m gluten-free and try and watch my dairy because of my auto-immune disease, so one issue I often come across at holiday parties is the lack of food I’m able to eat. Especially all those amazing holiday sweet treats! #ENVY
No to worry though. You can bring your own treats and be the hero for both those with food sensitivities and restriction-free sweet lovers alike.
If you want to bring a variety, you can also try my 4-ingredient chocolate chip cookie.
But today, I’m going to break down my absolute favourite dessert. It’s healthy, raw, gluten-free, dairy-free and takes 10-minutes to make. But I swear they are still so flavourful and decadent!
What am I talking about? My super easy Macaroon recipe! I’m a coconut and chocolate lover so these meet all my sweet treat craving needs.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- ½ cup almond flour, more as needed.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand. Coconut oil will need to be a bit softer if by hand. Mix well.
- Roll into desired shape. (about 1 tablespoon or bigger if desired.)
- Store in an air tight container and refrigerate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cacao powder for chocolate macaroons. (I almost always do this. So yum!)
- Once you’ve let macaroons chill in fridge. You can top with chocolate to make even chocolate-ier. You can do this with plain coconut or add cacao flavour.
Vegan Melted Chocolate:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 2/3 cup cacao powder.
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup.
Heat in sauce pan and then sprinkle over macaroons.
Or just melt chocolate chips with a bit of coconut oil for a thicker chocolate.