It’s that time of year where nature is doing it’s grand finale and although I’m sad to see all the gorgeous fresh produce go – leaving us with foliage and apple season almost makes up for it!
If you are like me, you have about a million apples around the house right now. I woke up Sunday determined to perfect a gluten-free apple crisp recipe – and I’m happy to share that I did!
When I went to bed, Anthony pretty much ate the whole thing LOL. So it’s safe to say it’s not just me that thinks so!
I made mine gluten-free, however if you didn’t have that restriction, you could use all the same ingredients that are not gluten-free certified and it would work just the same. This recipe also has the option to be dairy free (I love butter though so mine wasn’t) and refined sugar free.
If you make my apple crisp, tag me on instagram stories! @angelamcnally
or comment below, I’d love to hear how you like it.
GLUTEN FREE APPLE CRISP
- 4-6 Apples cored and diced
- 1-2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup certified gluten free oatmeal (Regular oats work too!)
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour (Regular flour works too!)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter (I used a combo of both)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Throw apples in an oven safe dish. I used this.
- Squeeze juice of entire lemon over apples.
- Add in vanilla.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, I like closer to 2 tbsp but use amount you prefer!
- Mix thoroughly so apples are coated.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, sugar and melted butter.
- Add more butter or oil if needed, mixture should not have dry spots.
- Dump mixture over apples and spread evenly.
- Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Let cool for as long as you can stand to 😉 – don’t burn your mouth!