This noodle bowl is one of my favourite quick and easy recipes to make at home. Last night’s dinner literally took me 10-minues to make from start to finish!
If you wanted to add some meat or other type of protein, it may take you a little longer. But it’s still a fast and delicious healthy meal that keeps well for leftovers the next day.
It’s also gluten-free, dairy free and nut-free so avoids all the major allergens.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can literally just use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
I was in the mood for a veggie based dinner, but wanted something a little more filling also. So I skipped the meat tonight but had cooked beets, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli and a red pepper on hand to throw into my rice noodle bowl. But honestly, whatever you want to use will work great!
To flavour this delicious bowl I made my simple Cilantro Lime Dressing. It’s so easy to make and packed with flavour.
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, use any kind of dressing for the noodle bowl. Great ideas would be a thai peanut, lemon garlic or an avocado basil dressing.
Here is the recipe:
Cilantro Lime Dressing
(*Note: This is great for salads, too!)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice or juice of 2-3 limes
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro leaves, washed and minced
- Add all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Taste and add more flavour as you like
10- Minute Noodle Bowl
(*Note: this is what I used, but feel free to swap out the veggies for whatever you have in the house! Also, this is a great and easy dish to add any type of protein to as well).
- 1/2 package of vermicelli rice noodles (*Note: Use whole package if wanting more than 3-4 servings. Make sure to double the dressing recipe.)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cooked beet, sliced into small pieces
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Make sure you have your dressing all set to go. If you don’t like cilantro, use whatever you kind like.
- Boil water and cook rice noodles. Read the package as these cook quick. Usually anywhere from 2-6 minutes depending on the brand.
- Strain and transfer noodles to a glass or metal bowl. Coat in the 1 tbsp of olive oil so they don’t stick together.
- Add in raw vegetables of your choice. (*Note: I also sautéed my mushrooms and red pepper because that’s how I like them, but you can have them raw or however you prefer. If you want to add a cooked protein you can add it to the bowl at this point, too.)
- Coat vegetables and noodles in the dressing.
- Serve & Enjoy!
(*Note: This bowl is amazing with a delicious with hot sauce added, if you like some heat!)