I’m living for all the fresh and in-season fruits and vegetables available right now – and peaches are at the top of my list.
Also, I love me some cobbler! And trust me, I’ve made it a few times. But sadly, it’s not practical to eat every single day for breakfast. (Is it?)
But don’t worry, I’ve been indulging in a healthier (but just as tasty!) alternative every morning for the last week. And you can too! The best part? This breakfast takes only 3 MINUTES to make. I promise. I actually timed myself this morning.
So how can you say no to something so healthy, delicious and quick in the morning? I don’t see how you can!
Question: Did anyone eat those packets of maple oatmeal that were loaded with sugar when they were little? ME TOO. Every day. Well this tastes so similar, but so much more flavourful. And WAY less sugar. (I’ve even included a sugar free option if you like!)
So what are you waiting for? Healthy breakfast in 3 minutes using only 5-ingredients – Let’s do this!
‘Peach Cobbler’ 3-Minute Oatmeal
- 1/2 a Peach, chopped into little cubes
- 1-2 tsp of Cinnamon (or more to your liking!)
- 1-2 tbsp of Maple Syrup (Note: you can also use stevia if you prefer sugar free!)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of Quick Oats
- 1/2 cup boiling water (just flip on your kettle!)
- Turn on kettle to boil water.
- Scoop in desired amount of oats into your bowl.
- Chop 1/2 peach and throw in bowl with oats.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with half the amount of maple syrup (taste to add more and thicken at end!)
- Pour sparing amount of hot water over mixture in bowl. I start with only 1-2tbsp, let it absorb then add more. You don’t want this to be runny.
- Let water fully absorb until oats look fully ‘cooked’.
- Top with more maple syrup or cinnamon to taste.
Tag me on instagram stories (@angelamcnally) or comment below if you make and enjoy this recipe as much as I do!