I absolutely love chicken wings but being gluten free due to my auto-immune disease, my options of when I can have them are super limited. If I do, they usually aren’t breaded, they are backed and pretty boring.
So, Anthony and I picked up a 2.5 lb pack of organic wings from Costco and I tried out this recipe with them – It was a HIT!!
They are paleo, grain free, gluten free and technically baked – but you would never know. They taste like deep fried breaded wings and they are incredible!
Whether you have dietary restrictions or not, I promise these ‘healthier’ version of fried chicken wings will not disappoint.
Grain-Free Breaded Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter (sub coconut oil if you want dairy free!)
- 1/2 cup of sauce of your choice. I love Franks!
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line large pan with foil. (Note I didn’t do this one time and totally regretted it! A bit wasteful, but worth it!)
- Place butter on foil and place in oven until melted. Remove from oven and make sure entire base is covered in butter.
- Combine flour and spices into large bowl.
- Place thawed chicken wings in bowl; toss to coat.
- Place chicken wings on baking sheet with melted butter.
- Return to oven; bake 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven; flip each chicken wing.
- Return to oven and bake about 15 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss in favourite sauce – or even leave plain!