My husband and I had a Halloween party last night and the leftover bowls of candy everywhere are taunting me! I’m a chocolate lover and the cravings are REAL.
Instead of polishing the entire bowl of sweet treats on this slow and lazy Sunday, I just whipped up a batch of my favourite healthier hot chocolate. The recipe is dairy-free and doesn’t use refined sugar – but it still has that decadent and satisfying chocolatey taste. Plus, with the days getting colder and the fall season in full swing, a cup of hot cocoa just brings me right back to childhood. It’s so comforting.
I decided to take a quick break from my lazy day to hop on the blog and share this recipe with all of you. Because, I’m sure I’m not the only one with Halloween candy taunting them. I feel your pain.
Hoping you can also satisfy your sweet tooth with my creamy, delicious recipe.
I also used all organic ingredients, but you can use whatever you have in the house!
Healthier Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk. (Homemade or store bought. I use this.) *note: If you have kids with nut allergies try organic soy or rice milk!
- 2 teaspoons of Cocoa Powder. (I use this.)
- 1 tablespoon of high quality Maple Syrup. (Today, I used this.)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (You can also use 1/4 tsp of liquid stevia if you prefer sugar free.)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
* Note: My mugs are usually huge and hold at least 2 cups (500ml +) of liquid. Use this recipe as a reference but double as needed!
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- Keep stirring until smooth and piping hot! (Avoid boiling.)
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!