Cooking and baking has always been a form of meditation for me. Whenever I need to zen out, I find myself researching gluten-free versions of recipes and starting grocery lists for the ones that really speak to me. Let’s just say this week chocolate chip banana bread was totally speaking to me!
I adapted this recipe from a few that I researched and it turned out amazingly.
This recipe is gluten-free since I stick to a g-free diet because of my auto-immune disease. However, I’m sure you could save money and make it with regular flour as well. Let me know how it goes if you do!
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour (I used this one)
- 4-5 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Butter (1 stick), Softened (For dairy free, try ghee)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Almond, Coconut or Regular Milk (I used almond)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½-1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 1 cup of caminos dairy free choc chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
(Note: I didn’t have a loaf pan so I used two 8 x 4 disposable pans and filled both half way. Made 2 cute smaller loafs.)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan(s).
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
(Note: Because I used 2 slightly smaller pans I only cooked for 45-50 mins. Next time I would do full time or maybe even to 60 mins. Bread was delicious and moist, but slightly undercooked in the middle.)
- Let bread cool in pan for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm!