Summer is here and so is the season of entertaining, good food and incredible fresh ingredients!
This recipe was 100% inspired by a women on instagram by the name of @halfbakedharvest. She made a very similar dish on her instagram stories and I could not get to the store fast enough to recreate my own version! I’m incredibly inspired by her, and think much of my summer cooking will be direct inspo from her page. Check her out!
This was a chicken dish on her feed, and I decided to make it into a pasta for dinner. Next time I may try without pasta, or maybe just with some rice on the side or serve it up on a nice bed of greens.
Anthony LOVED the pasta version though and so it’s a win/win however you make it.
Gluten-Free Summer Chicken Pasta
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Zest of 1 lemon chopped finely
- 1-2 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary
- 6-8 slices of fresh bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1/2 – 1 cup of white wine or rosé
- 3 fresh peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup of fresh buffala mozzarella (about 1/2 a circle block) torn into small pieces
(note for dairy free you can use a soy based mozzerela or skip this ingredient)
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 package of gluten free rice pasta (fettuccine worked well) – optional you can make this with no pasta, just as a chicken dish.
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Season the chicken breasts well with salt, pepper, lemon zest and rosemary.
3. On the stove top on med-high heat, use an oven safe skillet or dutch oven to fry up bacon pieces until crisp. Remove from pan while keeping bacon oil in pan.
4. Place chicken breasts in same pan with bacon oil on med-high heat and lightly brown on both sides. The chicken will not yet cook through, we just want to sear the flavours of the lemon and rosemary into the chicken with the bacon oil.
5. Add sliced sweet onion or shallot into the pot to caramelize with chicken.
6. Once the onions are caramelized and tenderized, pour in the wine and simmer for 2-3 mins.
7. Next drop in peaches and mozzarella and place in the oven to cook the sauce and chicken through for about 20-25 mins.
8. In meantime boil gluten free pasta and have it ready in serving bowl coated with olive oil, salt and pepper.
9. Once chicken breasts are cooked through, remove from peach wine sauce mixture so you can easily pour all sauce in the skillet over the pasta directly into the serving bowl.
10. Place the chicken breasts on top of the pasta and sauce and then sprinkle around them the tomatoes and basil.
11. Top with bacon bits.
12. I like to slice the chicken into bite size pieces. But do that AFTER pictures, because it’s a beautiful dish 😉
13. Grab some salad style serving tongs to mix all toppings into the pasta, serve and ENJOY!
Note: For a lighter choice, you can skip all pasta steps and serve on a bed of greens or with rice or as is if you prefer!
WANT MORE RECIPES?