I’m going on my third week living at the cottage and OMG YOU GUYS I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!
Being here is so good for the soul. The nature, the calm, the slow days. It’s honestly magic ✨
We’ve also had very busy weekends with lots of visitors. I love to have fresh baked goodies on hand for people to have at breakfast or to snack on throughout the day.
I had a few ripe bananas this week so I tested out a new recipe and it worked out oh-so-well!!
These were a hit. Anthony even ate two in one sitting! hahah.
The chocolate chips are optional (but like, they are so good, so not really) but you could also throw in blueberries or nuts instead!
If you make these, let me know how you love them! Post a pic on instagram stories and tag @angelamcnally for a re-share.
Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of your milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips, optional. I used stevia choc chips! You could also use blueberries or walnuts instead.
- OPTIONAL: I added 1/2 a cup of peanut butter for creaminess. If you have nut allergies in your family, this ingredient is optional.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- You have two options here: Mix all ingredients by hand. (I did this for a more oat like consistency). Alternatively you can add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- Store the muffins in the fridge for 4-5 days.
ANTHONY’S FAVOURITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
4-INGREDIENT HEALTHY COOKIES