Ever since we’ve been home from our honeymoon I’ve been on a crazy cooking and baking binge. I literally can’t stop. It feels like my soul missed cooking so much that I’m trying to make up for 2-months of lost time! In truth though, creating meals has always been one of my deepest joys. It’s truly like a form of mediation for me.
To be honest, getting back into routine after this whirlwind of a year has been an uphill battle. From energy levels to food cravings to sleep patterns, it just seems to be taking some time to get back in the swing of things. And I’m okay with that and just trying to honour how I’m feeling.
Instead of being hard on myself and getting restrictive – I just like to make better food choices that both fulfill my cravings, as well as my love of creating in the kitchen.
This recipe has been made a few times in my home since we’ve been back! I also brought a batch to two different dinner parties and everyone wanted the recipe afterwards.
So I thought what better time than a rainy, cozy weekend to share this comforting recipe with everyone, so you can try at home for yourselves.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s only 4 ingredients. Yes, only 4! Also the 4 best ingredients if you ask me. 😉
I have the auto-immune disease Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and to help naturally treat this I’ve been gluten-free for almost 3 years. Also, before our wedding I quit dairy. The difference I felt in my body was incredible. (I will definitely blog more on this in the very near future.) This recipe is very easily adaptable to both gluten free and dairy free, if you prefer. No taste sacrificed, I promise!
These amazing cookies are so simple to make. They are soft and chewy, and definitely the healthiest cookie recipe I use that doesn’t sacrifice the taste.
4-Ingredient Healthy Cookies
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Oats (Can substitute for gluten free oats. I use these.)
- 3/4 cup of Organic Peanut Butter (Or any nut butter. I use this.)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Can substitute for dairy free chips. I use these.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) together in a bowl, either by hand or using a mixer. Mix until batter is consistent, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until bottom and sides are golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack or plate to completely cool.
I hope you enjoy this decadent but healthified treat on this cool, cozy autumn weekend!
If you do make them, I’d love to see a picture. Post on on social media and hashtag #angelamcnallyrecipes.