OMG, these are chewy, healthy, cinnamon-y heaven!
This recipe was inspired by the Medical Medium‘s recipe, but I just used what I had in the house, and they were perfection!!
If you are trying to keep it clean and avoid dairy, gluten and refined sugar (like me!) these are an incredible treat.
I hope you enjoy! If you do make them, make sure to take me on instagram @angelamcnally.
Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Tapioca Flour (you can also use coconut flour. Tapioca adds chewiness.)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix together the cinnamon and coconut sugar to make the coating. Set aside.
3. Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl and whisk until combined.
4. Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and stir until you get a uniform dough. If the mixture is too wet, add a bit more tapioca flour.
5. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls.
6. Roll them in the cinnamon coconut sugar and place on the parchment paper.
Flatten gently with your palm or the bottom of a glass.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
WANT MORE GLUTEN FREE TREATS?
ANTHONY’S FAVOURITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
4-INGREDIENT HEALTHY COOKIES