Happy first day of Spring, Friends! It’s definitely come in like a lion here in Toronto, let’s say a little prayer that it goes out like a lamb.
Twice a year the Sun aligns to give us equal hours of night and day. This is known as the Equinox and the alignment of light and dark energy first occurs in 2018 on March 20th, which is today.
The March Equinox is a sacred time as it represents balance and oneness. By having equal hours of day and night, we are reminded about the importance of finding balance and oneness in our own lives.
For me personally, it’s feels like a time of reflection. If you follow my blog closely you know I’ve had my fair share of challenges this past year. It’s oddly beautiful to step back and look at the light side of things: such as my growth, my redirection, the unhealthy relationships I’ve cut cords from and more.
Also I’m feeling very aligned with work my right now, which I’m so grateful for. This surge of new energy has got me igniting new opportunities and feeling very clear and creative. Spring Equinox, I love you for this.
Equinox is the perfect time to plant new seeds, start new projects, take action, and put yourself out there. It is also a great time to take ownership and responsibility of your life and begin releasing things that may be blocking you from getting where you want to be.
This time last year I researched many Equinox rituals. This one seems very over the top if you are new to the world of spiritual healing. I’ve been exposed to the world of spirituality since I was a young girl through my mother – but still felt resistant to this ritual last year.
Last year and many others I’ve always done this one only which can be found in my winter solstice ritual blog but can be applied at any Equinox or Solstice.
I decided to just go for it today and try something new. I’ve picked up my flowers and I’m going to give it a go! It’s all about new beginnings anyway, right?
I’ll let you know how it goes. There is something about the throwing of the flower that feels child like and fun. I need more of those feelings in my life. So why not! ????
I’ve also added my own mantra and a meditation in there to give it a flair that feels right for me. I encourage you to do the same! If you try, I’d love to hear how you like it in the comments below, too.
SPRING EQUINOX RITUAL
- around 10 brightly colored flowers
- 1 candle: green, pink, orange, yellow, blue, purple or white
- your favorite crystal
- Pen and paper
- Find a quiet place to perform your ritual where you will not be disturbed.
- Holding your crystal, do a meditation to help clear your mind and calm your thoughts. Hold the mantra ‘I release what no longer serves me and I welcome new beginnings.’
To those new to meditation – say the manta and then breathe deeply in and out 5 times.
- Write down on your piece of paper what you want to manifest or create.
- Arrange your flowers into a circle leaving one to the side for later.
- Place the candle and the piece of paper inside the circle. Keep holding the crystal.
- Say your manifestation aloud three times, then light the candle.
- Take in the energy of your sacred circle.Take a few deep breaths or meditate for a while longer.
- When you feel ready, release your intention out into the Universe by picking up your spare flower and throwing it up into the air. As you throw your flower, feel your intention being lifted up into the Universe.
- Leave your candle burning for as long as possible (don’t leave candle unattended).
- Keep the good energy surrounding you by placing the flowers into a vase and keep them around your house.
HAPPY SRRING, FRIENDS!